We are an ethnically led organization who is deeply trusted by the Somali community because of our identity, cultural understanding and drive for change. We are driven by community participation and raising the voices of Somalis everywhere. We address the gender inequity that perpetuates the poverty of Somali women.
We are committed to ending poverty and its associated social, health and environmental problems. We recognize that empowering women is key to building a stronger community.
- We build trust and deep relationships within the Somali community.
- We enable strong social connections and drive culture change within the community.
- We conduct Community-Based Participatory Research,which means we implement research in partnership with the Somali community, develop strategic plans and interventions based on those findings, and then measure tangible outcomes to demonstrate the efficacy of our programs.
- We deliver health education to Somali women and their families.
- We advocate for policy changes to address the inequalitythat drives continued poverty of black immigrants.
- We provide emotional support for women struggling with poverty, social isolation and domestic challenges.
- We build bridges between Somali women, health care providers and others who are interested in serving the Somali community.
- Request a speaker to talk about Heath Issues for Somali Women,
- Attend a workshop to learn more about what we do and how you can volunteer
- Donate to help fund all our efforts and events.
All these things will help us to continue to provide current information and resources for the Somali Community. Do you have another way you would like to help? Contact us HERE. We’d like to know what you have in mind. For more information about helping Isuroon, click the button below.
With the help of your donations, large or small, we can continue our cutting edge research, education and advocacy for Somali Women to continue. Your support can help make a difference in Isuroon’s ability to reach Somali women, healthcare providers, and our local community. Learn more about our donations HERE. You can also donate through our partner Razoo below: